So, got a question. I’d made some noises about doing a room party at FenCon, but (true to form) I’ve been waffling mightily on the subject due to cost/time/effort. Last week, though, some friends asked about splitting some of the costs with me, which would obviously make things simpler on one front at least. As a result, let me ask - is there any interest from y’all in my going ahead with this and doing a party?
Separately, this would be my first time at FenCon - for those of y’all who’ve been to my room parties, do y’all think it would be a good fit for the atmosphere of FenCon?
Actual fangirl Ms. Marvel ♦
And in the context of the rest of the story, this was even better.
Monster Maker - SDCC Reveal (x)
WHAT THIS IS REALLY COOL.
woah is this real because if so that’s sweet as heck!?
Techie thoughts just looking at this and the video :
- So, pre-existing doll parts, with a polar/XY plotter. No Fabbing.
- Essentially, it’s an EggBot with better handling for irregular surfaces (by having known special-cased surfaces).
- I was REALLY, REALLY hoping that this did fabrication of the doll parts - that would have been AWESOME. (On the flip side, it would have been Easy-Bake Oven/ThingMaker/Creepy Crawlies all over again.)
- From the look of things, you have to hook it up to your computer to control it. This does make me wonder about which OSes it will support, but also what will happen when the hacker community gets ahold of it.
- Related to that, what’s going to happen when some hackers put diamond scribes or swivel-blade X-Actos in the pen holder. (Not full-on CNC, but still got some promise.)
Overall, I am curious.
“Let us be kinder to one another.”
— Aldous Huxley reflected on his entire life’s learning on his death bed, and then summed it up in these seven words.
HE DID IT! After three decades Weird Al has finally hit number one on the charts!!! This is a long overdue accomplishment!
Very very happy for Mr. Yankovic and his band of merry gentlemen right now!
Trailer: ur doin it rite.
Oh my god, this is the most immaculate box of shipped books I’ve ever seen. Usually they look like Godzilla shit it out.